This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is update manager in Kubuntu 10.04

does anyone know where is the update manager in kubuntu 10.04 or is there some other way to do it with graphical interface. In Kubuntu 9 there was kupdate and in my version of 10.04 LTS there is no kupdate icon anymore

Re: where is update manager in Kubuntu 10.04

The graphical update manager in Kubuntu 10.04 is Kpackagekit. It's under Kickoff > Applications > System > Software Management or Kickoff > Applications > System > Kpackagekit. If neither work, then try doing a Kickoff search for Kpackagekit. If that don't bring anything up, then open terminal and type "kpackagekit."

Does this help?

Comment

Some people hate KPackageKit because it's very immature, incomplete compared to other ports to other distros. Sometimes it tells you it actually installed all required packages by the one you were actually trying to download and install, but at the end it wasn't even close to the truth. I've read that one of these cases is sun java. That's why some people prefer to use Synaptic (for GNOME but works fine in KDE even so) or the poor but complete apt-get, aptitude or dpkg depending on their current needs.
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Synaptic is the best way. Just hit Reload, then Mark All Upgrades, Then Apply. You can also install "update manager" through synaptic.
        Ya hear that? That's the blues callin' baby.

Comment

Thanku you very much Prescience, i don't know why, but when i updated kubuntu from 9 to 10.04 it did not install this kpackagekit manager, but i forgot the name and thought that it was kupdate, so that's way i couldn't find it anyway. Anyway thanks for all your help, i installed it by apt-get command. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
          X