This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost printer with upgrade to Lucid

Under Karmic I was able to print just fine on my Epson C42UX. Since I upgraded, the KDE printer configuration is jacked -- I don't even have the option to find/install local printers.

I am totally lost as to what I might do next.

Re: Lost printer with upgrade to Lucid

This happened to me (kind of)

My minolta pagepro 1350 was showing up under "network printers" and then one day, it didn't and the whole printer config was grayed out like you see.

I went into kpackagekit and searched for pinter related files and installed:

printconf
    cups-pdf

then I did this in terminal for good measure

sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart

The cups-pdf is just a package I wanted so it 99.9 % didn't resolve the issue.

Even though pringtconf was for USB and parallel, I think it reconfigured other settings because the print interface in systemsettings showed my printer and options were available to check again.

It does disappear again from time to time and I have to do some things to get it to show up again. It was more reliable in karmic.

Not sure if this will help you.

Comment

Thanks for the information! I actually re-installed Karmic, and plan to stick with it until they get more kinks worked out of Lucid.

If I reinstall Lucid later, and have the trouble with the printer, I'll come back here and try the steps that worked for you.

Comment

Sorry I've only just seen this post.

I installed a 2nd printer last night on lucid, so I see what you mean about the system printe element of system settings - it doesn't have a local printer element.

The long-standing answer is to fire up your browser and open http://localhost:631/

That will open the cups configuration page, and you can install your printer from there. Believe me, it works!

Comment

Working...
        X