This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code 127 error

I hope I get a rep to this one. Did a fresh upgrade from 9.04 to 10.04. Ethernet and wireless networking failed to come online. Tried afresh with 9.10. Again failed. reloaded 9.04 and got wireless online. Tried to upgrade online with 9.10 got code 127 error. What is a code 127 error? And how can I upgrade directly from 9.04 to 10.04. Is there a source edit with key reqd? Thanks for any info. Am in deep trouble

Re: code 127 error

A direct upgrade from "9.04" to 10.04? From Jaunty to Lucid? Is that correct?

It is not recommend to do upgrades from other than the prior version - 9.10 to 10.4. If in fact you had/have Jaunty 9.04, then perform an upgrade to Karmic 9.10 first. Ensure that Karmic is working fully. Then perform an upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What is a code 127 error?
      If you got that error return from the shell, it means "Command Not Found". This almost always caused by a typographical error. I get it about 10 times a day. It can also be caused by a problem in the specification of your command search path. Try the command
      Code:
      echo $PATH
      and post the result here.

But, you should have had the words "Command not found" following the error number. Or, for a minor typo, an error message with a suggested correction. If you didn't, then my analysis may be incorrect.

Comment

When I put on Kupdate it flashes a screen asking do you want to update to 9.10. When I click on it Kupdate shuts off saying - failed to upgrade, exiting with code 127 error. Now I'm lost. How do I upgrade

Comment

I think any way you reach Kubuntu Lucid you will face the same software, you think doesn't work for you. And it is pretty dangerous to work with some system you cannot fresh install.

This topic is more or less continuation of this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3111914.0
          Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

After all the chaos, I've decided to load Ubuntu 10.04 and then do an apt-get for the KDE desktop. In the meantime I installed Barry thru Kpackage Kit. Does any1 know if Barry works on KDE? Because after a succesful install I cannot find or run it.

Comment

Which package - barry-util or barrybackup-gui? The first is a 'command line' utility; the latter a GUI.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Both. I picked up the entire set of Barry pkgs from the repo and downloaded thru Kpackagekit which exited after a successful download. After that - cannot get either the command line or the GUI. Does Barry run under KDE or only under Gnome

Comment

Working...
                X