This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with ISO file

Hiya, i'm a total noob to all this, as this is my first Linux OS (On currently on Windows XP). I just downloaded '64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop CD', but I have no idea what to do with .ISO files. I've googled it, wikied it and asked people I know for help, but I can't find out what to do.

So far i've tried running it with ISObuster but nothing happened; burned the .ISO file to CD and tried to run via boot-up, but it went past it to the Windows XP loading screen. I then tried to burn the folders onto a disk, but with my disks at 700MB and the folders being 1.35GB, it of course didn't work.

Please can someone tell me what to do? All the step-by-step guides are for the CDs.

Please help this noob!

Re: Help with ISO file

What program do you have on Windows XP to burn a disk?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I just used Windows Explorer. Right click on folders > Sento To > CD/DVD F Drive

Then I went through a wizard and that was that.

Comment

All that has done is to send the ISO to a disk. What you need is a CD burning program which can change the ISO into a working disk.

It might sound strange to say but check out a podcast which is aimed at newbies. It is available at http://www.linuxreality.com/ Episode 6 is about obtaining ISOs and Episode 7 is about burning ISOs.

The podcast text mentions a program called "Iso Recorder". I think this is a free download
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks, I got the CD now!

Comment

Working...
          X