This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help installing something

Can someone teach me how to install this?

Much appreciated.

http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopi...700b7163f457a0

Re: Need some help installing something

Open a console and change into the directory where you save the file, then unzip the file like this.

$ tar -xzvf iron-linux.tar.gz
    The file will be unzipped to a folder name iron-linux . You can click on the iron binary inside this folder to launch iron. Or you can add the folder to the PATH environment variable and launch iron from the command line.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeh it installed pretty damn easy but now I need to find where it installed so I can add the adblock list to the adblock.ini file.

Comment

Do a locate iron in a console:
        Code:
        sudo updatedb && sudo locate iron
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It's weird. I'm not sure it's installed. It is working. It is in my internet section in the start menu, but it shows it is located in my downloads folder only. I'm wondering if I delete that folder will it disappear. I restarted and it's still installed but it only shows up in the downloads folder when I run that command you gave me.

Comment

It's installed it just has to stay in the downloads folder. I guess because that is where I originally installed it. I'm not sure how it's working but it is found in my start menu under internet and I pinned it to my taskbar but if I move the unzipped file out of downloads it can't find it so it stops working but I can;t uninstall it to move it somewhere else. I don't know why it works that way but it works.

Comment

Working...
            X