X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Unable to connect to windows 7 share

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and also new to Linux... I'm running it on my little Packard bell DOT mini laptop since linux is so much quicker...

Running Kubuntu 10.04 and trying to connect to my shares at my Desktop computer running Windows 7 but when i connect i get a dialog asking for username and password, wich is the logon at the windows machine... enter the correct logon info but I keep getting incorrect logon... have googled it and found a few others with this problem but couldnt figure out how to fix it from the answers they got, probs just my lack of linux skills so please go nice on me

hope someone on here can help me with this, if there's anny missing info you need just ask...

Re: Unable to connect to windows 7 share

Figured it out... you have to remove the Windows live sign in assistant from windows 7 then it works like a charm

After removing it I got a connection error in dolphin but then a update popped up and that solved the connection problem aswell...

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to connect to windows 7 share

We absolutely love members who post and then solve, there own questions!

Really, I'm glad you figured it out. Isn't it a good feeling when you discover the solution on your own? I know that each time I've done so, I've done the 'happy dance' and generally hooted and hollered.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X