Clear All

Remove Startup applications

How to remove Startup applications applications

Best regards

Re: Remove Startup applications applications

Which one(s) do you want to remove?

Comment

Newbies. :P But hey, you got to love em! (We were all one once).
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Absolutely, and I'm happy to see these questions because it's a sure sign that Linux is no longer seen as the exclusive realm of the geek.

So, Dracirate, welcome to the forum and if you come back and let us know what you are trying to achieve, we will definitely try to help you.

Comment

Printer applet, Kbluetooth and the restricted drivers

@The Liquidator
          Thanks you I been using linux for a while but using gnome kde is whole new different world for me :P

Comment

Are you wanting to remove kbluetooth and the printer applet altogether?

So long as you don't mind losing the functionality then I imagine they can be removed via the package manager (kbluetooth and printer-applet). If you are never going to use bluetooth then that should be safe to remove but on the assumption you might want to print it might be unwise to remove the printer applet.

If you are thinking about resources, these are not like windows applications where they are running all the time. They take a tiny bit of memory but no CPU time and are effectively asleep until you activate them by connecting devices. Hit CTRL+ESC to see.

Restricted drivers - if they are loaded that would tend to suggest you have hardware that needs them eg an NVidia graphics card, and removal could drastically affect your computer, perhaps stop it loading altogether so caution must be exercised. What in particular do you want to get rid of?

Comment

I just want to remove it from the startup directory.

Comment

Having looked through system settings there is no immediately obvious way of stopping them appearing in the system tray. Please bear in mind they are not actually running though.

Not sure about the restricted drivers as I'm not sure what you are wanting to disable.

Have to switch off now but no doubt someone to the West of the Atlantic will pick the thread up.

Comment

At work - on M$ :P - but what you want to look at is in System Settings > Advanced. There is an application that shows you what services are set to run at start up and such. You can opt to not have a listed service start.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

oh i understand now thank you a lot guys

Comment

Working...
                    X