X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with sound

Hi there!

I'm experiencing a problem that makes me use windows when i want to see videos on the web. I'm trying to move to kubuntu, but with this problem i can't use kubuntu as much as i wanted.

I have 2 soundcards on my computer, an ancient Creative SB 5.1 Player and one onboard HDA ATI SB, i'm using the onboard card for now, my system and amarock are ok, but when i try to see youtube or another videos on web, i cant have sound.

I've had set up the sound to use the onboard card as this image shows
    [img width=400 height=316]http://i40.tinypic.com/2na0ftd.png[/img]

when i submit the command: aplay -l
    i can see all the devices on my computer.

Another information: i've installed XMMS and i got no sound, on the web i use opera, but i tried FF and no sound either

My question is: there is another way to force the sound to go thought that card?

P.S. i'm a newbie on linux configurations

Re: Problem with sound

this prob. is usualey the PCM chanel being muted......

click the speker icon in the system tray and click mixer and check your chanels ......if you dont see PCM click setings and configure chanels and add it to the list .

OR

open a console and type alsamixer and hit enter use the tab key to switch thrugh the chanels the space bare to mute/unmute and escape to close.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
      this prob. is usualey the PCM chanel being muted......

click the speker icon in the system tray and click mixer and check your chanels ......if you dont see PCM click setings and configure chanels and add it to the list .

OR

open a console and type alsamixer and hit enter use the tab key to switch thrugh the chanels the space bare to mute/unmute and escape to close.

VINNY
      Man, you saved my day! Thank you very much!
      I cant believe that i was looking for problems with flash, opera and other things...

Comment

you welcome !!

some times it's the simpelest things .............that may not be so obveus

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X