This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on kubuntu netbook

i've installed kubuntu netbook through wubi on my laptop which has W7 OS. Not sure kubuntu installed correctly bcoz, when i start kubuntu i have an error message saying, " No root system is defined. Please correct this from the partitioning menu."

After i click "ok" the message comes back. and i dont see any menus around. not even K menu.....

if anybody encountered same problem and fixed it ..... Please help me!!!!!!!

Re: need help on kubuntu netbook

I agree that your installation seems to have failed. Did Kubuntu work properly when you ran it under Wubi? I would suggest scrubbing it and trying again. I would also suggest either downloading or (if you're unsure about your burning skills) purchasing an alternative installation CD and working with that. Be sure to check the md5sum of the download before burning, then check the CDR before starting the installation.

I'd also be sure that I had provided enough space on my hard drive before starting. 15 gB should be adequate if you leave most of your data on your windoze partition(s). Linux can read it even though windoze won't read Linux partitions. (Or at least it didn't when I last used windoze 7 or 8 years ago.)

Comment

Working...
    X