This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED - Break this /etc/fstab line into seperate mount and umount lines

I would like to take this line in my /etc/fstab and add it to my Amarok 1.4.10 devices (Amarok 2.3 is still a little too fussy! )

Code:
    /dev/sdd1 /media/Joe_stone vfat noatime,auto,users,uid=1000,gid=100,umask=007 0 0
    If I wanted to break this down into a mount line and an unmount line with the proper UID/mask etc, what would I need to do?

Also, let's say my media device uses /dev/sde1 instead of /dev/sdd1 one day because I forgot to remove another device. Can I make the mount dynamic so that it is aware that my device moved?

Re: Break this /etc/fstab line into seperate mount and umount lines

Mount:
    Code:
    sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sdd1 /media/Joe_stone
    Unmount:
    Code:
    sudo umount /media/Joe_stone
    You can also mount a disk by its ID
    Code:
    ls /dev/disk/by-id
    will give you all your disk by their id. Find the one that corresponds to your drive and mount it. For instance, my home partition is scsi-SATA_INTEL_SSDSA2M08CVPO941401P4080BGN-part5 which corresponds with sda5, so to mount it in /mnt I'd run
    Code:
    sudo mount /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_INTEL_SSDSA2M08CVPO941401P4080BGN-part5 /mnt
    and to unmount:
    Code:
    sudo umount /mnt

Comment

Re: Break this /etc/fstab line into seperate mount and umount lines

Here is the easiest way I've found to do this.

I've setup the ZEN Stone to automount in Device Manager. I've setup Amarok 1.4.10 to send a umount /dev/Joe_stone on disconnect.

So all you have to do is click "connect" and "disconnect" in Amarok, and it will appear that Amarok is controlling all of the mounting functions.

THERE! Now my daughter can load her MP3 player to her heart's content.

Appreciate the help!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X