X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EduPass Server

Hello All,

I am new to kubuntu although I was a unix user many years ago. I have just installed 9.10 with KDE 4.3.2 on a Macbook. This is the only OS on this machine.

I have managed to get most things working but cannot connect to my wireless network at work - a school in Victoria, Australia using the EduPass radius server for authentication.

We have two certificate files that need to be installed, a file called root.der and a file called cert-XXXX.p12. My understanding is that the root.der file is a "base" or site certificate that the .p12 file refers to when authenticating. To complicate matters there is a password for the .p12 file.

Under both windows and macos we generally install these into a certificates store then configure the wireless accordingly.

I am using KNetworkManager. I did try wicd but it didn't know about 802.1X security so went back to the default manager.

Under the wireless TAB I have put our school SSID in the SSID field and tried both infrastrucure and ad-hoc under mode.

Under the Wireless Security TAB I have put security to Dynamic WEP (802.1x), authentication to TLS (because this is what we use on the macos) and then tried every different combination of files and passwords in the panel below this.

I have tried searching the net for some answers but there doesn't seem to be much out there. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X