This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitue for dreamweaver

Hii... Is there a substitute for dreamweaver in Ubuntu..I have been told I can use dreamweaver with wine but I dont want to use wine on my system.... I have been told of Nvu and Kompozer which happens to be an earlier version of Nvu , but then they themselves claim it to be having a lot of bugs....any info would be appreciated...!
    Thanks

Re: Substitue for dreamweaver

Version 0.7 of Kompozer wasn't compatible with the 9.04 versions of the *untus.
    KompoZer 0.7.10 is not compatible with GTK ≥ 2.14, hence the crashes on some recent Linux distros like Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04. Please upgrade to KompoZer 0.8.
    Version 0.8b1, which is in Lucid Lynx's repository is compatible. It's a good app in 10.4.

If you want version 0.8b3 you can download the tar file from here and install it according to instructions on the web site. Or, you can add https://launchpad.net/~giuseppe-iuculano/+archive/ppa to your repository and then install it using Synaptic. How to do that is explained here.

What gets added to the Lucid sources.list is:
    The signing key is here.

Then you can use "sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get install kompozer"

Take your pick!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Quanta Plus 3.5

http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/

gl

Comment

If you are not doing heavy DB based interactive sites, or web apps, etc quanta is a good choice.
        Very powerful.

But dreamweaver takes the cake for completeness and expandability.

I use it on a vmware player xp guest and it is rock solid in this environment.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

May I ask, are you using DW for ColdFusion development, or for it's other language support?

Comment

May I ask, are you using DW for ColdFusion development, or for it's other language support?
            I used to a long time ago.

Mainly I use it now for creating joomla templates and some DB (mysql) based stuff
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

AH, I see. NetBeans has a decent CSS editor and supports many languages. I don't remember if it supports SQL syntax or not, but it may be worth looking in to.

I still have to use DW for ColdFusion (for work).. I was hoping perhaps you knew of something better in a Linux platform for ColdFusion

Good luck!

Comment

Cold fusion WE for linux. Nope.

As I mentioned I put my DW (along with flash, PS, etc) in a xp vmware guest environment and never looked back

You might want to go that path and get the best of both worlds.
                4 GB Ram
                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Kate ftw, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X