Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

icon for FF, and how do I put it in the top of Search and Launch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

icon for FF, and how do I put it in the top of Search and Launch?

I installed Firefox, but the only way I can use it is to type it in the search query...

Where is the icon?

Also, how do I drag icons to the top 'preferred' icons/apps?

I'm running KNR Netbook 10.04 with the Plasma Netbook shell. I looked at this post http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3105404.0 but I dont know what Kickoff is or how to unlock my widgets...

/r
    Chip

Re: icon for FF, and how do I put it in the top of Search and Launch?

This answer refers to the standard desktop Kubuntu, so there may be aspects of the netbook version that are different. I don't have a netbook.

At the bottom left of your Kubuntu screen there should be a white K on a blue background. When you left click on it, you are launching the KDE application launcher (which is called Kickoff). It presents a menu of programs that you can launch (just like the high-priced OS, except without the malware). You have a choice of two ways of arranging the selections. The KDE4 way (the default), or the KDE3 way, which is called "classic menu style". You make the choice of menu style by right clicking on the K. Try them both and see which one you prefer. There should be a Firefox icon in the Kickoff launcher menu, but you may have to click on "applications", then "internet" before you see it.

Comment

Re: icon for FF, and how do I put it in the top of Search and Launch?

In kde netbook you want to pot firefox in the app holder panel?

On the desktop open internet, run your mouse over firefox and click on the golden star and it will add itself to the panel.

Hope that helps
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X