X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing shared directories from KDE

Hi all,

I've been trying to get file-sharing happening between an XP box and my kubuntu 9.10 laptop, and have been scouring fora, help, and youtube for something that gets me from start to finish, but have been stuck with how I can actually ACCESS shared files once I've set up file sharing.

I've got Samba and an NFS server happening and I can share directories in Dolphin, and supposedly my "/home/Applications" is accessible to all with write permission. If, however I hop on my XP box type \\192.168.0.194\Applications (192.168.0.194 is the IP address of my laptop) I get "The network path was not found". If, on the same box, I type \\192.168.0.146\printer driver, it brings up its own shared directory just fine. I can, from the XP box, ping 192.168.0.194 with no issues.

It occurred to me that whether I can access Linux from Windows or Windows from Linux makes no difference to me, so I thought I would try accessing the printer driver shared directory from my kubuntu laptop, but the Windows style of \\192..etc just gets me invalid protocol, as does the lan:/ which I picked up from a kubuntu help document...

How do I actually ACCESS (as opposed to set up) a shared directory using KDE?

Cheers,
    Aston

Re: Accessing shared directories from KDE

See if this provides you with any insight into your issue.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X