This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 player scrambling tracks - Help!!

I have a Foehn&Hirsch MP3 player with Flash memory which I am trying to sync files to.
    e-books are fine, photos are fine, music is fine - as long as I don't mind the tracks being mixed up.

The problem is, I am trying to add a language course and the tracks are getting mixed up. What am I doing wrong? what is the best programme?

I've tried using Windows Media Player on the 'BIG' 'puter - but no luck. Tried to use Amarock and didn't know where to start or what to do

Have lost most of a doy now (not to mention several other days) and ready to tear my hair out >

I know I'm a computer numpty, but it must be possible surely?

Lenovo Thinkpad x230 Core i5vpro, 4G Ram, 320G HDD, Intel HD 4000.
    Running clean install of KUBUNTU 20.04 after years of running Ubuntu 18.04 then a week running Sabayon.
    Running clean install of KUBUNTU 18.04 after a couple of months running ArchLinux Manjaro

Re: MP3 player scrambling tracks - Help!!

Hi, it is very frustrating when things like this happen. It's very likely that the MP3 player is using the MP3 tag information to decide which order the tracks go in or that the player ignores those and only works from the file name.

Have you noticed a pattern to the 'mixing' of the tracks?

The best thing I've found is to...

1, Make sure all tracks start with the track number i.e. 01 - Language Course - Section 1. You can rename them in Dolphin or your favourite file manager. (Just press F2, when you've selected a file)

2, Make sure the tag information is correct, you can do this in Amarok, add the files from the folder to the playlist and, right click on each track, select 'edit track details' and change the relevant fields.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T + 8GB Ram + Radeon HD 6770 + Corsair Force GT60 /root + WD Caviar Black 1TB /home + Kubuntu 12.04 x64

Comment

Thank you for your reply

I've already done solution 1 - with variable results

solution 2 sounds .lik,e it should work but...

I have NO IDEA how to use Amarok - I opened it and it's a mystery to me, I don't even know where to start I've only ever used W Media Player - and still learning about that LOL

If you know of an idiots guide I would be very grateful

Once again thank you
      X Paula
      Running clean install of KUBUNTU 20.04 after years of running Ubuntu 18.04 then a week running Sabayon.
      Running clean install of KUBUNTU 18.04 after a couple of months running ArchLinux Manjaro

Comment

Here's a link to the Amarok userguide..

http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok

It is different to Media-Player in that it works better for me.

Anyway a very simple way to get it to play and display your tracks is...

From the 'Playlist' menu, click 'Add Media', navigate to your Music folder (mine is /user/music) and click ok.

Amarok should scan and add your sub-folders and tracks to the 'Local Collection' area of the left pane. Double clicking will play the track, if you right click the album, you can then add it to the playlist (the right pane)

Hmm, on reflection I may have got that a bit wrong...

From the 'Settings' menu, select 'Configure Amarok' then click on the collection icon and tick the folder you'd like Amarok to scan. If you are picking the 'Music' root folder, you may want to click the 'Scan folders recursively' option.

Sorry for any confusion.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T + 8GB Ram + Radeon HD 6770 + Corsair Force GT60 /root + WD Caviar Black 1TB /home + Kubuntu 12.04 x64

Comment

Thanks for that.

I went there, I read all the info - some of it even seemed like English instead of Swedish, tried to implement it - can't even figure out how to I did say it would need to be idiot-proof

I did manage to find the files on my laptop, I even managed to alter the tags so that the files sat in the right order on the computer - so some progress.

But I still can't figure out how to sync to my MP3 player (and I have another 3 to sync to as well, the whole family want to learn/refresh their German)

In desperation I tried copying from Dolphin to MP3, but that resulted in a worse mess than before, the files were even more muddled up on the MP3 Player

Is there a Media Player facility that works more like W* MP ? I can just about handle that - if only it synched my German discs properly

Comment

It could be an Amarok thing I've just tried to get it to sync with my Walkman and it's not playing ball.

You could try Rhythmbox, I've just installed it from the package manager (KPackageKit) and that would let me drag files from the playlist onto the MP3 player.

It's another media manager program but you may have better luck with that one.

Ahhhh... here's an idea, (I've just tried it on mine) plug in your player, start Amarok.

In the left pane you should see your MP3 player and you 'Local Collection'.

Right click on the album in your 'Local Collection', and select the 'copy to collection' context menu, then (if it shows up) your MP3 Player. Cross your fingers.

Sorry about not getting back earlier only I've had to re-build my OS tonight as when I switched on my PC, it told me I had no operating system It's taken me a while and I've got to re-scan my music collection.

Comment

I've had to re-build my OS tonight as when I switched on my PC, it told me I had no operating system Cry It's taken me a while and I've got to re-scan my music collection.
              Ouch!

I forgot to say I've also tried creating each disc as a separate playlist (W*MP) - still scrambled on MP3 player

Will try Rhythmbox after trying your Amarok fix first

Comment

Working...
              X