This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI Drivers + Kernel upgrade

Hi all. I just recently did a fresh install of Kubuntu Karmic Koala. I downloaded and installed the ati drivers (dual monitor with my 42 inch tv And that went all well and good. I then allowed Kpackage kit to install 184 updates including the newest kernel. After a reboot it will not load KDE. I saw for a brief moment " I O error" flash on the screen and then i am brought to a terminal login.

Should I have installed ati drivers after the update? Or does anyone know if there is something I must do to re-configure the driver?

Re: ATI Drivers + Kernel upgrade

What's the model of your ATI graphics chip? Which ATI drivers did you install, from the repository or from ATI's website?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My card is a Radeon 3450 and I got the drivers from the ATI website. They came in a .run file and I was able to install and run the control center, adjust my settings and reboot. It was only after I let Kpackagekit do a full update that it broke after rebooting.

Comment

Re-run the *.run file. If you get a msg that it is not compatible with the kernel then revert to the previous kernel and then re-run the *.run file.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X