This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant install kubuntu

i have been trying to install kubuntu, but the installer keeps crashing. i have tried 2 install Cd's from the ubuntu magazine (with the multiple install, and i have tried a copy i downloaded from the kubuntu site. i am just starting with Linux and do not really know where i am going wrong or what to do to install this OS.
    any help would be appreciated

Re: cant install kubuntu

First, you need to tell us about your PC. Crucial information is the amount of RAM you have and the video card/chip you have. If you have less then 384MB of RAM, you can't install from the LiveCD.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

well that is that then. i have a laptop with less ram than needed. thank you for the quick response. would the kubuntu netbook version work on my laptop with 236mb?

Comment

probabley not but you could give Xubuntu a try

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Get Xubuntu

Minimum system requirements

You need 192 MB RAM to run the Live CD or 192 MB RAM to install. The Alternate Install CD only requires you to have 64 MB RAM at install time.

To install Xubuntu, you need 2.0 GB of free space on your hard disk.

Once installed, Xubuntu can run with starting from 192 (or even just 128) MB RAM, but it is strongly recommended to have at least 256 MB RAM.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X