This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu not booting after updating.

Hi all. I just recently started getting an interest in Linux, and after finally tinkering around with Linux Mint, I decided to switch to Kubuntu. It installed fine, I chose to install it inside of Windows that way I could dual boot (as I have a few programs that don't quite work under Wine). However, after the initial updates, which said there were 183 bug fixes. I selected them all, and clicked apply, and they applied fine. Because it was late at night, I turned my computer off and when I awoke, I decided to get back on Kubuntu. The only problem is, it goes to the loading screen, the Kubuntu logo and bar comes up, but then I get a black screen with some text on it.

init: udevtrigger main process (388) terminated with status 1

init: udevtrigger post stop process (389) terminated with status 1

init udevmonitor main process (387) killed by term signal fsck from util-linux-ng 2.16

/dev/loop0: clean 107608/431632 files, 738857/1726464 blocks

init: networking main process (420) terminated with status 1

After reading it, I uninstalled Kubuntu and reinstalled it, only for the same thing to happen again when I installed the bug fixes. I mean, when I had installed Ubuntu on this computer, it worked fine, but I like Kubuntu a lot better, is there any way to fix this?

Re: Kubuntu not booting after updating.

Do you try to boot with a live CD , live keys ?
    If you can then use menu option to fix dependence.
    A veteran Acer aspire 5100 AMD Turion 64 mobile tech <br />2 Go Ram _DD 80 GO<br />Kubuntu Karmic 9.10 KDE SC 4.4/Kubuntu Karmic 10.04 KDE SC 4.5

Comment

I've installed some updates on an Asus EeePc running Kubuntu today and now it's not running correctly. I was running this installation for about 1 year and it was working fine, but after updating and rebooting I can't log in on KDE. My system was configured to boot automatically without loging, now the login screen is shown and when I enter with the password the screen goes black and then return to the login screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ThiagoRB
        ...now the login screen is shown and when I enter with the password the screen goes black and then return to the login screen.
        This could be due to no/little remaining space on your root partition. Boot into recovery (single user) mode. When at the prompt, type:
        Code:
        df -h
        Look at the Use% reported for your root partition. If it is 100% you have to make space available by removing unneeded files. The simplest way to do that is to run the following commands:
        Code:
        apt-get clean
        apt-get autoclean
        apt-get autoremove
        These will delete the downloaded packages from /var/cache/apt/archives and /var/cache/apt/archives/partial freeing up quite a lot of space.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X