This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting wirelessly to 2Wire

I just got Kubuntu installed on my dell. My dad was able to connect wirelessly at his workplace with 2Wire. However, when I try to connect at my place, it brings up the window that asks me to type in the WEP key. I type it in. It looks as though it is trying to connect and then it asks me to type in my password for the kde wallet. I type it in. This process keeps happening over and over, and no connection is ever made. It just keeps asking me to type in the key, then the password. I can connect via my ethernet cable, so that is what I have been doing, but I'm wondering if this is a kubuntu problem (when my dad connected wirelessly it was through the Ubuntu desktop, and none of this "wallet" business ever came up for him), a 2Wire problem, or a kde wallet problem? I have tried de-activating/uninstalling/deleting the wallet and that just seems to make it worse, like it doesn't even try to connect before it says "wlan interface failed". Is there an easy way to fix this or figure out the problem? I would really appreciate it, thank you!

Re: Connecting wirelessly to 2Wire

Right click the Network Manager icon > Manage connections... > Wireless tab and delete the one in question then try the connection process over.

That has worked for me before.

Comment

I did try to do that before, but I'll try again...

Comment

Another thing to try is to install Wicd network manager instead. It will remove Knetworkmanger in the process and does not use the Kwallet.

Comment

Working...
        X