This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio driver issue

hello all ive been using linux for a couple of years now but i am new to kde4 i recently did a fresh install of kubuntu 9.10 and after a software
    update it seems to have disabled my audio driver but for some reason i still have sound in amarok and i also have sound in a few games i play as well but no sound in flash i have enclosed a screenshot of the issue i am trying to describe

http://tinyurl.com/yzne6b4

what i would like to do is get the driver re-installed what it says when i hover over the greyed out area is "this device is currently unavailable"

ill appreciate any and all help i can get with this issue

Re: audio driver issue

UPDATE: ok this is weird i have no idea what i did but it came back now i have sound in flash ill do further checking to figure out what i did

Comment

i also encounter this. no sound n flash, vlc player.. but other applications have sounds.

that's why i return to Ubuntu

hope they can fix it.. i really love kubuntu interface ^_^

Comment

Open a console and type:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install phonon-backend-gstreamer
        See my Multimedia Backend to Phonon - Gstreamer vs Xine
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi, i'm having a problem that might be the same.

I installed kubuntu and i didn't tried to play sounds once that system was playing sound when was starting and shuting down, then i started to note the problem after installing flash player, i couldn't listen any sound from video flash...
          I tried to play some sound (mp3 files) with amarok and xmms, the amarok played ok, but xmms didn't played any sound.

i started to think that this could be some problem with my sound card configuration and kubuntu, because i have one card onboard and one card pci, i'm using the onboard for now (i dont have windows drivers for my pci card, thats the reason to use the onboard card), so now i have another thing to figure it out...

i will try the Phonon - Gstreamer and i will give you some feedback.

Thanks for the help

Comment

I hope none of can find the same solution as this guy from today http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3110944.0
            Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
            X