X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde-wallet displays 3 characters per key when i enter the password

first off, i am a linux newbie.

i have a 20GB partition on my MacBook Pro (late-2009 13"), on which i am running kubuntu. installed it 2 days ago (with the help of a linux-savvy friend), did all the available updates, everything seems to be fine, and then this:

when kde-wallet pops up and asks for the password, for every 1 button i press on my keyboard, 3 dots appear in the text field. for instance, my password is 8 characters long. when i'm done entering it, there are 24 characters in the text field.

the first time it did this, i was joining a wireless network. trying other apps that require the wallet yield the same results.

worth mentioning: in other apps (K menu search field, sticky note, web browser), the characters on the screen match my keystrokes. so it looks like it's just wallet that hates me.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: kde-wallet displays 3 characters per key when i enter the password

you can change it under system setings -> about me. (echo of one should be default)

the options are as followed..
    show one bullet per char.
    show three bullets per char.
    show nothing.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

thanks!

your reply showed up as i was just about to post this very question... perfect timing!

Comment

just wanted to post this for other newbies

turns out that the kde-wallet password and the login password aren't the same.

so even though there was a weird bug/glitch that was automatically setting the echo to 3 buttons even though i had selected and applied "1 button", i believe it was still accepting the password (if i was in fact entering the right one ).

i've selected and applied "1 button" echo now, and it seems to be sticking this time.

note: i did restart the OS a few times during this entire process, that may or may not have something to do with the "3 button" bug/glitch

Comment

Working...
        X