X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Folder disappeared

Kubuntu 9.10
    Intel Celeron desktop, i386

Hey friends, I am relatively new to Linux, and just installed Kubuntu 9.10 yesterday.
    I love Kubuntu's eye candy, but one prominent feature disappeared, the nifty Desktop Folder, you know, the one that is semi-transparent, and has beveled corners and such, and stays on the desktop at all times (matches the KDE uBlog).

As I was sliding it around the screen a while ago, it disappeared. I noticed that it went to the top panel as an icon. In an attempt to get it out of icon mode, and back to the desktop, it really disappeared, without a trace. The contents are still in the traditional Desktop folder

I checked the trash, it's not there.

Now, I can get something similar to the original, by right-clicking on the regular desktop -->Add Widgets -->Folder View widget. It gives me the same exact LOOKING folder, but it is the Home folder, and I can't seem to get it be the Desktop Folder, like the original installation gave me. I have done some extensive menu and settings, and configuration exploration, to try to figure this out.

Any input would be a great help

Namaste!

Re: Desktop Folder disappeared

Also, the Remember The Milk widget has the same type of graphic, at least on my screen...

Comment

Re: Desktop Folder disappeared

when you point at the folder view widget dose a bar not pop out one side?

if it dose click on the little rench and a settings box will open and you can set it to watever you want .

OR open dolphin and drag your desktop folder to the desktop and chose folder view

☯VINNY☯
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

[SOLVED] Desktop Folder disappeared

Vinnywright!
        I had already tried that. But after reading your post, I decided on one more go. I seems I specified /Home/user/Desktop, instead of /home/user/Desktop! But anyhow, there's also a bullet button that says, "Desktop folder." Duh!

Thanks a lot Bud! I likely wouldn't have re-checked that if you didn't state the obvious!!!

SOLVED!

Peace!

Comment

Working...
        X