X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...sudden black screen

hi everyone.

before i describe the problem i got, first things first. im absolutely new to linux/kubuntu. i have spent the last 16 years in the windows world, and i got started with kubuntu jsut 80 minutes ago. so please dont expect me to have any deeper insight or understanding of kubuntu or linux in general.

the problem i got is this: i installed kubuntu 9.1 this evening on a toshiba a80 laptop. it all worked the way it should. then i started to look around for options to change the screen resolution and alike. i then found an option called "screen resize/rotate". since im absolutely not familiar w/ kubuntu, i figured it would be sth similar to "screen/settings" under win. appearently its not. even worse: the moment i hit that icon, the screen went dark. now whenever i reboot the system, i can log on, i can even see the desktop for a few secs, then the screen turns black again. what did i do? and how do i get it undone?

i know my english is horrible, even though i hope you can make some sense of it. if you have any ideas, please let me know.

thanx

lita

Re: ...sudden black screen

Your English is fine. In the link in my signature are FAQs -- #2 is for you. And Welcome!

Comment

Working...
    X