X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Kubuntu 9.10 Kpackagekit won't install ubuntu-desktop

Hello!

I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 since earlier today. Have downloaded a couple of things with kpackagekit but some reason it refuses to download/install ubuntu-desktop and lubuntu-desktop. Why is that?

Also, where did the old downloader/installer go? With this one you have to know the name in advance. With the other one you could search around in different folders. Office, internet, multimedia.....

Thankful for help!
    Anders

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 Kpackagekit won't install ubuntu-desktop

try doing it from your CLI
    sudo apt-get install <package name>

kpackagekit is still far from perfect, and will not install everything all the time.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 Kpackagekit won't install ubuntu-desktop

Aaaiiiight!
      That did the trick.

Big ups.

Also, where did the old downloader/installer go? With this one you have to know the name in advance. With the other one you could search around in different folders. Office, internet, multimedia.....

Biggest of thanks.
      Anders

Comment

Re: [Solved] Kubuntu 9.10 Kpackagekit won't install ubuntu-desktop

if your refering to adept from the kde3 versions of kubuntu, its not being created for kde4, kpackagekit is not the default (and hopefully to be replaced by shaman). if you wish to use a package manager like adept i suggest that you install then use synaptic. although in your case its installed w/ ubuntu-desktop package. but it works just fine as a package manager with kde4 , i think quite a few of us use it instead of kpackagekit
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: [Solved] Kubuntu 9.10 Kpackagekit won't install ubuntu-desktop

Thanks sithlord48. I actually think I refer to the add/removefeature from Gnome.

Comment

Working...
          X