This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RealPlayer

I have downloaded RealPlayer10GOLD.bin,but the problem I have is it went straight into Downloads.All the searching and trying I have done keeps pointing to realplayer being on the desktop.I went into Downloads and right clicked and copy, thinking that I could right click on the desktop and paste,that is too easy,there is no paste,so I think I had better see if someone can come up with the right answer.

Re: RealPlayer

You should download the the RealPlayer11Gold.deb form this Site http://www.real.com/linux and select Deb package under the Download Realplayer. It will download it to your Downloads directory and then you can user dolphin to install it by clicking on it.

By the way I use Gecko-mediplayer plugin to play realplayer files.

Comment

Hi there .Thanks for your interest.Unfortunately the .deb file cannot be found on that server,I have tried it several times clicked on the deb button,not found,when I click on the download button just above the deb button it will download but it is .bin file.Any ideas.

Comment

Another way...

Install the Medibuntu Repository. Instructions here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

NOTE that it is a 2 part installation 1) Install Repository 2) Add GPG key

RealPlayer is a Medibuntu package and should appear in e.g. Synaptic for installation
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Many thanks.I have got Realplayer installed but when I put a dvd film in I get the pop up window with
          Open with K3b
          Open with video player (Dragon Player)
          Open with file manager
          Do nothing. One other thing is when I got to the end where I created a GPG Key it said it would be a good idea to set this key as default in the .bashrc.It said set your key as the default key by entering this line in your ~/.bashrc
          export GPGKEY=ECF2187C. I didnt know how to do this last bit. the ~/.bashrc cofused me.
          I am right in saying that if realplayer was installed it wold show up in the pop up window when I put a film in.Again many thanks for your time and imparted knowledge.

Comment

I used to install RealPlayer bin file this method:

Change the permission of the file you downloaded to be executable. Type the following command:
            Code:
            $ chmod +x RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
            Start the installation process or run .bin file.Type the following command:
            Code:
            $ ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
            That's all
            Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

To watch a commercial, encrypted DVD you need to install the (Medibuntu) application called libdvdcss2
              "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by bobanshirl

I am right in saying that if realplayer was installed it wold show up in the pop up window when I put a film in.Again many thanks for your time and imparted knowledge.
                no it will not show up in the pop up window ..........but it should show in K>applacations>Multimedea

ware you can start your DVD with it.

but you will nead libdvdcss2 as arochester sead.

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Although I have got Realplayer installed it will not play a film.It tells me that the following components are reqd. IFO and BUP.When I click on the video button all the ifo,vob,and bup files show but the ifo and bup are greyed out.I have downloaded the ifo file which is in my Downloads.ie video_ts.ifo I dont know how or what with to install it. By the way I have installed Medibuntu.

Comment

Have you installed libdvdcss2 (as above)?

If you haven't open Konsole Terninal Program, connect to the Internet and issue the command:
                    sudo apt-get install libdvdcss2
                    Also - try a different media player. VLC is reckoned to be the best.

Comment

Yes I have installed libdvdcss2,I dont know what VLC is but it seems a shame that for someone who is trying hard to learn this system to give up on Realplayer.What I cant fathom is why is RP such a problem

Comment

Code:
                         it seems a shame that for someone who is trying hard to learn this system to give up on Realplayer
                        When you learn, you should start from the easiest way:
                        1. Try what is already installed - video player Dragon (Kickoff-Applications-Multimedia)
                        2. If you don't like it install other from repository. First install package manager Synaptic and then you can choose Kaffeine or VLC, which is really the best as arochester told you
                        3. If you like none of them, there is the moment to download something

1. and 2. are for beginners, 3. is sometimes for more experienced.
                        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Many thanks to all who tried to help.Realplayer is installed but will not run a dvd film nor play music from a music cd.I have given it the heave ho.I will try VLC.

Comment

Working...
                          X