This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after update run too slow

befor i use other Linux with no sound more that 1 month today i get Kubuntu 9.10 beta i like it more and i hear sound but i have more than 400 in the update what i can`t get but i write soe order in terminal sorry i don`t remember but i get my update beafor it run very nice now start to run slow i think there is other program it play or it play in start up it take all the system slow in system monitor the cpu it run 100% and ram from 300 to 600 i use internet no more that too much so i want to stop all that it play back or i delete all that update to return it back like first time
    thanks

Re: after update run too slow

I think that your update failed in some way. I strongly advise that you reinstall the operating system. I would suggest that you order a CDROM from the Kubuntu Shipit web site.

Comment

Re: after update run too slow

When I installed Karmic two months ago I experienced similar slowdown as you described. It was horrible, for example starting Krusader lasted about a minute. Xorg ran high mostly about 50%. The computer with Karmic seemed to be unusable.

After uninstall of default network manager due to network problem and wicd installation instead all slowdown disappeared like a magic and I had my Jaunty speed back. Or maybe restart made the job, I don't know.

The point is, that maybe it is not necessary to reinstall the operating system.
      Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
      X