This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got armyops 250 on karmic 9.10?

Hey i wanted to know if anyone had armyops 250 on karmic 9.10 and can play with it, if so tell me the hell how to do it XD thanks.

PLZZ answer anyone!! XD

Re: Anyone got armyops 250 on karmic 9.10?

I don't know what your skill set is, or how well you've set up your system.

But, I do know that what the following site shows how to unstall armyops250 and upgrade it though Americas Army 2.8.3.1.

What it recommends *could* bork your system if YOU are not up to the task. Don't expect any help from this forum if you do.

However, it may be all for naught. This link describes efforts a couple weeks ago to run AA2.8.5, unsuccessfully. Note that the respondent said that he no longer runs a Linux server for AA, but that he might start one up.

Download America's Army 2.8.5.0 Windows Server Files: http://k2-solutions.eu/forum/index.p...Data&dataID=25
    Extract America's Army 2.8.5.0 Windows Server Files to a directory
    Download this file (America's Army 2.8.5.0 Linux Server Runtime)
    Extract America's Army 2.8.5.0 Linux Server Runtime to a directory
    Overwrite America's Army 2.8.5.0 Windows Server Files (System directory) with the America's Army 2.8.5.0 Linux Server Runtime Files
    And, even if you get it installed and can access the servers there is reasonable doubt that you won't be able to log on.

Anyway, here is the AA Linux support forum. and an entry in that forum that instructs on how to install AA in Linux, but the method involves installing MONO too.

Although I think your chances of success are less than 5%, you say you want to be, or are, a hacker. So, Good Luck. Keeps us informed about your progress. A few others have asked about running AA in KK too.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks dude for the replay i really apreciate it now going to the point....i think i might give it a try and make a partition and set up kubuntu in that one and try what ur saying so i can save my ass and dont risk the computer from any ****....although might take time...work and a lot of research for installing just a damn game either way might think on doing it so i can provide info for all the other people on here who has same prob and same doubts thanks for the help this will provide me with a starting point

Comment

My pleasure. If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.

I used to play AA2.5 when AA supported Linux on their main servers. While there were several paid coders supporting the windows version I read once where the Linux version was supported mainly by one guy, who eventually had to quit because as the game improved and added features it was too much for one guy to support. Don't know how true that is but that is what I've read back then. The next version did not support Linux, at the time, so I stopped playing the game because all the new cool features were added to the next and subsequent versions. The patches and techniques described in those URLs I gave you might restore the ability for Linux users to run on par with Windows users on the same battlefiields, using the same features.

Good Luck 8)
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X