This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Help

I have a Panasonic CF-71 laptop and im trying to put kubuntu on it but evey time i load the disk it brings me to the standard F1 setup or a black screen that tells me invaild system disk and i don't know what to do

thank you, cheesepoofs20

Re: Panasonic Help

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the CDRom first?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Welcome, it could be a bad CD that you're using. See this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3106270.0

this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104464.0

and this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=197.0

any more questions - look here http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0
      HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

no its not a bad CD i burn the iso myslef and i do have my BIOS set to boot from CDrom

Comment

what are the specs on that box........?

from what I'v googled so far it's prob not mutch and KDE mite be a bit mutch for it.

KDE dosent like to run to well with less than 256RAM

if it is as I think you may want to try xubuntu I'v had it runing prity well on 128RAM 700Mhz-CPU lappys befor

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

After looking up your hardware specs, I agree with Vinny. Kubuntu may be too much OS for your machine. Xubuntu may be a better fit, although even that may be pushing it. Have you been running windoze on this computer?

Your other alternative would be to run the machine as a command line only box without a GUI.

Comment

i don't know the specs on the laptop i got it from my father. also when i got the laptop theres was no os on it and i don't think that it would even have a problem running kubuntu.i don't know what the specs b/c i can't check them i don't know if my father upgraded anything on the laptop since i recived it. I also don't know what invalid system disk means i get that message alot and it tells me to insert new disk and press any key

thanks again, cheesepoofs20

Comment

i don't know the specs on the laptop
                Please see THIS PAGE. The CF-71 seems VERY obsolete to me:
                Toughbook 71 - discontinued

* Intel® Pentium® II 300MHz Processor
                * 512KB L2 SRAM Cache
                * 6.4GB Ultra ATA Hard Disk Storage
                * HDD mounted in shock absorbing gel
                * Active Matrix Color LCD

* Magnesium alloy case is 20X stronger than ABS plastic cases
                * 24X CD-ROM Drive
                * Water-resistant keyboard and touchpad
                * IrDA Port for wireless connection with peripherals
                * 3360mAH Lithium Ion battery
                * 6.4 lbs., Including battery
                I don't think this machine was intended to run graphical operating systems

Slightly Later: Because the Pentium II processor was built in 10 to 12 years ago, the machine probably was intended for windoze 95, so your problem is not related purely to its unsuitability for graphical operating systems. BUT, you've still got to ask yourself whether it's worth the effort of repairing.

Comment

go hear

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/re...aunty/release/

download the xubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso

burn to cd as a ISO ....NOT a data disk and burn at the slowest speed the burning app. will allauw

and try agin............ the box will nead a min of 128RAM and that's realey not enuff and from wat I'v read it may onley have 64Mib witch wont get you eneyware with a GUI on this.

hears another one for old boxes
                  http://u-lite.org/

but like askrieger has sead this box may never run a GUI depending on the RAM ishue ......win95 mabey.........LOL

VINNY

PS: you may be abell to check the installed RAM from in the system BIOS
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

System requirements

The specs on the Toughbook 71 would appear to be within the 'minimum' requirements, assuming, that the display is VGA @ 640x480 (minimum).

I'd be suspecting the CD you made. Did you burn it as a LiveCD, or as vinnywright infers, burn it as a data disk?
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

For information about burning an iso look at "BurningIsoHowto" on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
                      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

yes thank you everyone, i use imege burn to burn my .iso which works fine i will try using xubuntu and let everyone how it works out.

thank you , cheesepoofs20

P.S. I'll be back

Comment

i have burn xubuntu on to a disk i have my bios set to load from cdrom, and i still get the same message invalid system disk

Comment

You have to set your CD burner to "burn as ISO". It is
                            Code:
                            not
                            a data CD.

Comment

btw invalid system disk means basicly translates to No os found
                              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                              X