This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help me

hai iam very new to kubuntu linux.one of my friend told me to go to package installer and istall gdebi,gdebi-core,gdebi-kde and now when i install somthing using default package manager it says to close other package manager and when i install with gdebi it says to close other package manager but none is open i even checked the system monitior.

please advice me

Re: please help me

I have no idea what gdebi is nor have I ever heard of it. However, to get to the root of your problem a little bit on the command line is in order. Please close gdebi and any other packaging programmes, open a terminal and type:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install -f
    Post back the output which is likely to contain something about a lock file.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

its not working it says E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. how tom correct it or mannually run it

Comment

Ah, if it tells you to sudo dpkg --configure -a it might be an excellent idea to do exactly that

Code:
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        BTW, do you remember how this situation came about?
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

hey now its ok so thanks and nice of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

do u know how to make it as solved

Comment

Originally posted by bala1122
              Click "modify" near first post and add [SOLVED] to title
              <br />Have YOU signed the Ubuntu code of Conduct? I did it at 10 AUG, 2009!

Comment

Should the wording of my signature be amended it to make it clearer? If so, please advise.

Comment

Return to your first post in this thread. Click on the modify button and add SOLVED to the subject line.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                  X