Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anonymous error creating problem after installing KDE 4.3 & its applications

I am a Ubuntu user but I must aknowledge that now KDE far outperform it in many spheres.
    Now I shall come to the real problem.

I installed KDE 4.3 over ubuntu along with many other KDE centric softwares from KDE repositories. The problem is that after the install, I started receiving a message like this.

"E: kubuntu-docs: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1"

As I have downloaded a lot of softwares from repositories, I don't know which one caused the problem.

Now since receiving this message I have seen my KDE applications crashing many times, also now it refuses to shut down as I have to close it through Terminal with administrative privileges. I am facing a lot of problem with KDE from some time and I have already done what little-bit I know from my experience with ubuntu

Also please don't ask me to go to launchpad as this site is totally confusing as you rarely ever achieve what you are seeking.

THANKING YOU

Re: Anonymous error creating problem after installing KDE 4.3 & its applications

Originally posted by SandyM

I have downloaded a lot of softwares from repositories, I don't know which one caused the problem.

This makes it difficult.

Without knowing what your source list looks like, it's hard to know what is happening -- obviously the package manager is having a problem. If I were you, I would edit the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list and change it back to the default source list for whatever your Kubuntu version is, run
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    then

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and

Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    and see if it is corrected.

Comment

Re: Anonymous error creating problem after installing KDE 4.3 & its applications

Earlier (Kubuntu Forums) > Topic: kubuntu-docs install fails on 4.3rc2 and rc3

This bug seems to happen when you install a kubuntu-desktop to the Ubuntu (Gnome) system ( maybe ? ) > Bug #387364: package kubuntu-docs 9.04.2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
      X