This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing from a usb flash drive

Is there a way to install Kubuntu from a usb flash drive? I am currently using kubuntu but I am still fairly new to Linux and I have a long list of things I would like to redo with my current install but I lost my CD and I do not have a burner to make a new one.

Re: Installing from a usb flash drive

See:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3089474.0
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

... and to add to Snowhog's suggestion, it's possible to install to HD if you already have the .iso somewhere on your drive.

I know.... i've done it. 8)

You only need UNetbootin and it will certainly will install Linux to an already-partitioned drive.
      UNetbootin can be run from an XP installation (which is how i did it) or a Linux installation (which i haven't tried).

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Comment

ok now I am a bit stuck on setting up GRUB to the MBR of the flash.

I get this "Error 23: Error while parsing number" when ever I try running the commands.

Comment

hi..... ive got 2 computers a pc and a netbook... the problem is ive got ubuntu 9.04 remix on my net book and does not work that well for me.... how do i change this back to ubuntu 9.04 the desk top one..... ive got this os on cd but how do i put this os cd on a usb stick so i can put it on back on my netbook as ive allready had this os working on my netbook and i really like it plz help p.s ive got windows xp and ubuntu 9.04 on my pc aswell just in case you need to know what os iam running

Comment

Working...
          X