Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED: How to keep a program from being updated in Kpackagekit or apt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: How to keep a program from being updated in Kpackagekit or apt?

I am using 9.04 and have installed Wine 1.1.21 thru the wine ppa a couple of weeks ago. The Kubuntu update notification keeps asking me to upgrade wine to the latest version of 1.1.22. I don't want that because I know the download time would be long and I don't need the new version anyway.

My question is: how can I pin / keep the wine from being updated? I know "synaptics" has that function but other than installing synaptics are there ways to achieve that in kpackagekit or in apt?

Re: How to keep a program from being updated in Kpackagekit or apt?

Synaptic locks are only used by the Synaptic.

You could pin/lock the version through the apt's /etc/apt/preferences. All apt based package managers (> FAQ: Package Managers) should respect the pinning.

> APT HOWTO / 3.10 How to keep specific versions of packages installed and an example > Re: Kernel-Images and Updates / Pinning version.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: SOLVED: How to keep a program from being updated in Kpackagekit or apt?

Thanks Rog. It works !!

I hope Kpackagekit will add this function in their next version.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: How to keep a program from being updated in Kpackagekit or apt?

Still need this manual fix in Karmic... but it works for KPackageKit, thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
        X