This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 doesn't install

sorey if I mised it in the preveus posts but your BIOS is set to boot from CD rite.

and you burnd as disk image NOT data disk rite?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I did set up the computer to boot from the CD...
      When I did it looked fantastic at first.... the splash screen showing "Kubuntu" was working... then endless lines of error codes fill the monitor and eventually stops.

It took several attempts to reboot my PC in safe mode and then restoring Windows XP to get it back in working order.

Well, at least I got closer this time to installing or trying Kunbuntu/Ubuntu...but I'm still failing.
      Perhaps I'll try Ubuntu instead and start the process all over again.

Anyone
      have any suggestions of what I could try differently? I really thought I did everything correctly this time. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brimey
        It took several attempts to reboot my PC in safe mode and then restoring Windows XP to get it back in working order.
        Did you try to install from the CD?
        XP should have been untouched if you only tried to boot the CD, even if it failed to boot.

Have you tried to install any other Operating Systems on there?

Comment

Something else occurs to me, to see if it is your drive at fault ask a friend to boot the CD and run the Check CD for defects test, as it seems to me that it could well be the drive at fault.

Comment

I haven't tried to boot any other Linux OS. I'm thinking of trying Ubuntu and see what happens.

I'd give the CD to a friend to try...but I have no other fellow computer-geek friends.

As far as the Windows XP issue--- I had this continuous loop that was happening after the failure of Kubuntu. It would boot, ask me if I wanted to boot in safe mode or continue on as usual-- no matter what option I chose, it would reboot again and come back to the same screen. It was stuck in a loop. I finally did a system restore and it boots normally now. Go figure.

I'll start over again and post if and when I have troubles. Thank you to all that helped out. It's time to start from square one again..... I guess I'll go with Ubuntu Brown

Comment

I'd give the CD to a friend to try...but I have no other fellow computer-geek friends.
              Any friend with a computer will do -- they don't have to be a computer geek.

Comment

Working...
              X