Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to report a bug occured during installation of Digikam?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to report a bug occured during installation of Digikam?

When I tried to install Digikam from Kpackagekit, it won't install and complained about an existing file "libgpod4-nogtk".

I found that this "libgpod4-nogtk" is a library for Amarok to share files with ipod. So I removed this "libgpod4-nogtk" and got my Amorak completely screwed. With my Amorak not working, I successfully installed Digikam. I opened Digikam and found that there exist a plugin for exporting images to ipod. So that probably should be the cause of the conflict.

I disabled the plugin and reinstalled Amarok. It went okay. Now I have both Amarok and Digikam working and I am happy. (Well, maybe it now has problem syncing with an iPod. but I can't tell and I don't care)

The question I have is: technically speaking, is this a bug? If so, how can I report it? And who should I report to? The Kubuntu team, the Digikam team or KDE team? I am not a programer so I don't really know how the bug reporting mechanism works.

Re: How to report a bug occured during installation of Digikam?

Here the digikam installation did remove the libgpod4-nogt without (?) problems but i was using the commandline:

Log of sudo apt-get install digikam
    The following extra packages will be installed:
    ..libgpod4...

The following packages will be REMOVED:
    libgpod4-nogtk
    dpkg: libgpod4-nogtk: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you request:
    amarok depends on libgpod4-nogtk (>= 0.6.0) | libgpod4 (>= 0.6.0); however:
    Package libgpod4-nogtk is to be removed.
    Package libgpod4 is not installed.

About bug reports

Few links:
    > ReportingBugs
    > Best practice for reporting bugs
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: How to report a bug occured during installation of Digikam?

Thanks. Following your advise I then found that there's already a similar bug on launchpad. I registered with launchpad and confirmed the bug.

Comment

Working...
      X