This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I get Kubuntu yet?

So, right now i use Windows XP, and it does what i need 100% But i don't like Microsoft, i don't like that they support DRM and TC So i am contemplating going back to Kubuntu [i had it before but it failed to run alot of what i needed, and this was oh two years ago.] I have a few questions that i would like to ask, most of it about software compatibility. I use my PC for Music Production and Games, mostly older games, and some newer games on Steam, and i also use FLStudio with VSTi support.

So my questions are, how well does Kubuntu+Wine run Steam and Source Engine games? I do alot with the source engine, and not using Steam isn't an option.

How well does Kubuntu+Wine run FLStudio 8? With VSTi support? I have heard of it working properly, but i don't know, my biggest issue is an inability to spend 50 hours to get support for each program i use. I alreadu use firefox, and i know how to get file format support, but i would need to be able to run Steam and FLStudio 8...these are the only things holding me back, and both of them cannot be removed.

So the gist of it is how well does Kubuntu and Wine together work right now? I don't have to to mess around for days and days to make everything work. And i hear kubuntu is the most noob friendly OS right now.

Is it worth it to switch now? or should i wait untill its more user friendly? Id particularly would like to hear from people who have gotten these programs to work.

Re: Should I get Kubuntu yet?

you can check compatibility on http://winehq.org

[mad]Berry
    Check out my website with Kubuntu how to's:  madberry.org

Comment

Working...
    X