This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to instal kwin-kde4

After finding out that today was the official release for KDE 4.1 I decided to download it to get it another try.
    I was able to add the line to my source list (using the right form of sudo as to not mess up my system again ) and was able to download all the packages fairly quickly, except one.
    Adept Updater keeps telling me that there are updates ready, and the only thing it lists now is kwin-kde4, which is the windows manager, so I cannot try out kde 4.1 without it.
    I see this every time I open up adept updater now:

(click for full size)
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but without it installed, I can't test out the new kde.
    I&#39;m not really here, I am a mass hallucination amongst the populace.<br />[img width=400 height=153]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll170/linuxgurl13/sig.png[/img]

Re: unable to instal kwin-kde4

what that means is by installing that package, Adept will be breaking others, that's why it says "no change" after upgradeable. As for how to fix the broken packages, I have no idea, but with the very knowledgeable here on the forums, your sure to have an answer that'll help more than mine.
    The early bird might get the worm, but it&#39;s the second mouse who always gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
    X