This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello 8.4

I have moved from 7.04 to 8.04 and i am very happy with it.

Great improvements, surely kubuntu and ubuntu is getting more and more known by the public

Now i do have these questions as i like to move my data:

-Thunderbird: In wich directory can i find my mails so i can use them in the new os?
    -Firefox: where do i find my favourite links?
    -Kopete: how ccan i move the history messages to the new os?

Re: Hello 8.4

First off, welcome

I found 8.04 to be just what the doctor ordered as well and have only a number of minor gripes...

But to your questions:

Have a look at ~/.kde/share/apps and you will find all sorts of folders, among them kopete. Simply copy that kopete folder over to your new home and replace the new, existing one with it.

As for the mozilla stuff - just copy your entire ~./mozilla folder over and you won't even know that you've moved It is so simple.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

is there no danger that i would copy to much? i mean i do have different versions (firefox2 on the old and firefox3 on the new)

Comment

Originally posted by toad
        First off, welcome

I found 8.04 to be just what the doctor ordered as well and have only a number of minor gripes...

But to your questions:

Have a look at ~/.kde/share/apps and you will find all sorts of folders, among them kopete. Simply copy that kopete folder over to your new home and replace the new, existing one with it.

As for the mozilla stuff - just copy your entire ~./mozilla folder over and you won't even know that you've moved It is so simple.
        wat exactly do i do with tunderbird?

Comment

Thunderbird has it's own hidden folder in your /home/ user folder. folder. Just copy the folder to your new install.

If you are using different versions of the programs, what I would do is do a purge uninstall of the program from your new install before copying the folders over, then copy the folders over, and then reinstall the programs. The new versions should find your settings from the previous folders and hopefully update them if anything needs to be changed. I've done this when changing distros and it worked fine. Even reinstalls all of your extensions, if they are compatible with the new version.

Comment

Working...
          X