This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerning drivers

I am running hardy, and everything on my Hp/compaq nx7000 is working quite well. Now I have started wondering if some things could be made to work even better with other drivers. But does the fact that components work at all suggest that I already have the optimal drivers, or could the system be improved?

Re: Concerning drivers

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific as to what you want to be improved.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Well, honestly I have only a vague notion as to what I am asking. The issue of drivers has rarely been raised in my past as someone who bought his first computer with XP installed. Since I installed Kubuntu for the first time earlier this spring, I have had no problems either with any of my hardware. It worked right out of the box( exept for adding the medibuntu repos). It just occured to me that I might have more to gain. I just don't know enough to tell.

Comment

are you asking if there was an update with new features to your existing drivers or something?

Comment

Well since everything worked out of the box is a good sign and indicates at least off the bat the correct drivers have already been installed. As long as you have been updating the packages from the repos as they have become available, then you will have the latest driver.
          Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose so. I really have no complaints. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X