This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording with Audacity

I am trying to use audacity to record sound that is being played on my computer such as streaming audio. It records but the quality is bad with static and I am guessing it is recording through the laptops mic instead of directly through the sound device. I have tried going through all the input and output devices in Audacity. Anyone know if there is a way to record directly through the sound device or how to get a recording of the same quality that is being played on the computer? Or another program that works better.

Re: Recording with Audacity

Hi there,

Here is my 2cents worth.

I never got "audacity" to work as successfully in linux as in windoze.
    Switched to "KRec" and "Sound Recorder" and are very happy to report it worked well for recording streaming audio.

Give em a go and let me know if it works for ya.

Comment

I had great success using Audacity for recording old record albums through the "Line-In" jack. But I've never tried it with streaming media, so I can't help with that method.

Audacity is "picky" about other packages accessing the sound system while it is trying to exert control. I noticed that I had to shut down everything else that might want to use my sound chip, including the browser. That may be the problem with your setup. Sorry I can't give more advice. :P

Comment

I would recommend that you check on the application "streamtuner", because of its built in support with one of the recording applications (I think its called sound recorder).

Comment

Working...
        X