This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble installing GTK

I've really been battling with installing GTK so that I can install another program I want that requires GTK.
    I've gone through all the packages in package manager and installed everything I could find that even remotely looked like it could be the core program for GTK. I also downloaded the tar.gz, unpacked it and tried installing it manually with the whole ./configure make make install dealie, but no avail. The program I'm trying to install (XMMS) will not recognize that I have GTK installed. In addition, when I try to make install GTK manually it gives up with the following message:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lonepiper/gtk+-2.12.9/tests'
    /bin/bash ../libtool --mode=link -o autotestkeywords
    libtool: unrecognized option `-o'
    Try `libtool --help' for more information.
    make[1]: *** [autotestkeywords] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lonepiper/gtk+-2.12.9/tests'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    Any thoughts? Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Re: Trouble installing GTK

xmms has been replaced by xmms2 for Kubuntu.

Client/server based media player system

XMMS2 is a redesign of the XMMS music player. It features a client-server model, allowing multiple (even simultaneous!) user interfaces, both textual and graphical. All common audio formats are supported using plugins. On top of this, there is a flexible media library to organize your music.

This package is a meta package depending on various other XMMS2 packages. Installing this package gets you a commandline client and enables XMMS2 playback of Ogg Vorbis and MP3 files from local and remote sources.
    xmms2 is available in Adept Manager.

This blog describes building xmms from source on Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X