This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen to a CD

That's ALL I want to do, I'm a smart guy but I can't listen to a CD on kubuntu

Re: listen to a CD

Well, after a couple years using Kubuntu, I never tried myself.
    Just read your post, inserted Patsy Cline into the CD tray, up came an option to play using Amarok, I took it, click build play list, click play and I'll be darned, it's playing right now.
    Maybe I'm missing something here.

Kubuntu 8.04, stock.

EDIT added:
    BTW, trip, Welcome to the forum!
    Other audiophiles may chime in here as well, but, as I said,
    Amarok is one option for you. Maybe Patsy Cline isn't your gig, but it'll probably play whatever you put into it.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

hah, it would be funny if somehow _only_ Patsy Cline albums worked in kubuntu

Comment

Funny or great!?

Which made me think of this thread:
        What music do you listen to,
        which suggests there's a lot of music around here, and a lot of that must be played from Kubuntu and a lot of that from CDs ...

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=6551.0
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

a bit off-topic, but not really ...

also try
          www.pandora.com
          (free radio station; no-hassle sign-up, then your own music library, dynamically built)

Comment

Yah! Boo! Hiss!

I did use pandora.com (improperly some might say, when I gave them a zip code to subscribe - I'm in the UK!) and I liked it a lot. Now they check IP addresses and the service is only available in the US and no longer in the UK.

I'm patiently watching http://globalpandora.com/ to see if it ever happens. They have an interesting list of alternatives to pandora down the left side.
            "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
            "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X