This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open office won't acces floppy drive

Recently installed 8.04 and am trying to use open office word processing. I can't get it to
    read the floppy drive. I am assuming you click on open and the program automatically will look for word processing files. Am trying to open ms works word processing files and open office is supposed to be compatible.I do get the feeling however that I may have missed something in the upgrade that I should have done, and it is probably something very simple and I will feel silly when it is sorted out. But I need to know how to access the files from the different removable drives from open office. I am a noooobeeee so please be patient and thanks in advance

pavilion 8650c
    1 gig celeron
    256meg ram
    not enough video card

Re: open office won't acces floppy drive

Is the floppy mounted? Don't know if kubuntu automounts floppies. Try to go to "Storage media" from the systems menu. Access the floppy from there and see if you can access the files in the first place. Copy to your home folder or access directly with openoffice (probably /media/floppy/... or something. )

Comment

Re: open office won't acces floppy drive

Hi Klars:

checked system could not find "storage media"
      tried kfloppy,thought if I could get the disc formatted it would make the system recognize it. kfloppy couldn't do it, got message "internal error:device not correctly defined"
      It seems that the system knows it's there, but doesn't, both at the same time.
      A sudo command from konsole would probably do it but I don't know how to phrase it.
      thanks though, it is good to hear from others.
      I'll keep poking around to see what I can do

Comment

Working...
      X