Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with waking up from sleep/hibernate on HP dv6000 labtop w/ Kubunto

If i put computer into sleep / hibernate it will not wake up from it.

So computer is either off or on.

any help?

thanks, mike

Re: Need help with waking up from sleep/hibernate on HP dv6000 labtop w/ Kubunto

Yah...there's a bug somewhere that's currently preventing some computers - such as yours and my laptop - from waking out of sleep.  Until the devs can figure out what the deal is, I would suggest not entering sleep mode.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Re: Need help with waking up from sleep/hibernate on HP dv6000 labtop w/ Kubunto

I had the same problem with my Dell Latitude D820 but after I upgraded to Hardy the problem went away.
      Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Comment

thanks for the info. if anyone else knows of any way to get around this please post?

Comment

I had the same problem with an older Dell desktop. Tried everything from wiping the CMOS to replacing the HDD. I couldn't even get into the BIOS to do a reinstall. Nothing worked. Finally had to junk the machine.

Comment

The following link worked for me, first time since Dapper !
            Applies to ATI cards and the newest drivers - a hanging process.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...58#post4300658

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X