This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB flash drive has to be plugged in to boot

Here it is, got a ipod and finally got it work, but now in order to even boot my pc i have to have something plugged in to the usb port (ipod, flash drive doesnt matter). If nothing is plugged in it will sit all day and not boot, no f11, esc, del, nothing works. But as soon as a plug a drive in to the usb i will boot right away and works like normal. Can even unplug the usb once it starts booting and it will continue booting. Any ideas, because frankly I have no clue. Thanks in advance.

Re: USB flash drive has to be plugged in to boot

Check the Boot Order in your BIOS. If it says boot from USB first and there is not a USB device it will stick. When a USB device is attached and it finds no boot in it, it will move on.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks but bios is set for hard drive only. Don't how to explain it, just no matter what a usb device has to be plugged in no matter what it is. Tried clearing the cmos couple of times and setting back up to hard drive but still needs something plugged in on the usb. Settings do stay in bios. So does it sound more like mobo or kubuntu? Stuck with a stick in my port for now I guess.

Comment

There should also be a BIOS setting to the effect of "Restore Defaults & Save."
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X