X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu kicker problems after restarting

Hi,

I am running Gutsy and have an issue with the kicker panel. When I restart or shutdown and reboot the different things that should be running in the taskbar of the panel like adept notifier, klipper,knetwork manager and power manager are not on the panel but in tiny little windows on the desktop. The windows still work but are around the size of the icon on the panel and they have their own minimize and close icons. I have restarted kicker but this does not help.

I have no idea what to do to solve this one!does anyone have any ideas regarding this?

Cheers

Re: Kubuntu kicker problems after restarting

I have experienced this very same problem while using compiz. I am not sure what causes it. I have since stopped using compiz. At the time the fix I used was to log out and then log back in.

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I agree with monte48lowes

It is an issue that occurs whilst compiz is initializing, I find that when the error does occur, first of all, close the applications that are hanging around on the desktop, then re-load them. Then log out of your current session and log back in again, when you logged out the last session was saved and hopefully the problem will be gone.

It doesn't always work though as I don't think you can delay other applications loading until compiz has finished initializing.

Comment

I tried dcop kicker Panel restart and this did not work. generally to fix the problem i do ctrl alt backspace to restart x and take me back to the logon. After this everything seems to work okish but its a workaround and not really a resolution. I am not too keen on doing this all the time and i dont really want to uninstall compiz. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Comment

One other solution is to manually start compiz for each session. Then you can wait to start it until all of the other programs have loaded. In kcontrol under session management you can 'exclude' compiz from each session restoration.

Mike
          http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X