This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you add repositories?

I was reading through "Tips for newbies" and it lists a bunch of additional repositories. How would I add them to Adept or Konsole? Thanks.

Re: How do you add repositories?

The way I do it is this. In a Konsole I type; sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list.
    This puts you into your repository sources file. BUT CAUTION! YOU ARE EDITING THIS ALL IMPORTANT FILE AS ROOT! It is best to make a backup copy of this file first so you can revert to it afterwards if things go wrong.
    In VIM, hitting the "a" key puts you in insert mode. You tab to the end of the sources file and add the repository in the same format as the ones above it. When you are done, you hit the ESC key. Then, type :wq!
    This saves your changes to the file and exits you from etc/apt/sources.list.
    For detailed info see the APT HOW TO tutorial on the Debian website.
    https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/a...basico.en.html
    I was a newbie when I tried this. If you are careful it will work.
    Cheers form Guelph, Ontario.
    Kubuntu Netbook 10.04 on Asus EeePC 701, Lubuntu 10.04 and OpenSuse 11.3 on USB sticks,  Ubuntu 10.04 and WinXP on desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by jacatone
      How would I add them to Adept or Konsole?
      To add them via Adept: Adept Menu -> Manage Repositories -> Third Party Software -> Add...

Pay attention to the example given in the dialog box that opens.
      Do not understimate fools. Better ones are born all the time and Microsoft is hiring.

Comment

Thanks nem. I guess I have to manually add these third party repositories. Where would I find them?

Comment

I don't know to which repositories you are referring. If there are some mentioned in the Tips for newbies, you should be able to add them just the way I described above.

For more help I need more info.
          Do not understimate fools. Better ones are born all the time and Microsoft is hiring.

Comment

Working...
          X