This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

konqueror has just vanished!

Hello! I have installed Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy, and was trying to get KDE 4 running on my computer. However, when I was trying to edit the sources.list, and update everything (I used the following code):
    Code:
    sudo aptitude update
    Then, I did:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install kde4-core
    (I was following this guide: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2008/01/...n-kubuntu-710/)
    I restarted, and nothing happened. Also, Terminal was complaining about broken packages after the second code...anyway, I then removed all kde 4 packages:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude remove kdelibs5 kde4base-data kde4libs-data
    and did the whole thing all over again. After a few more tries (this was probably really dumb), something finally happened: Konqueror was missing from its spot on the menu! When I clicked on the "Konqueror" icon (where the Konqueror icon used to be a "file" icon took its place), an error message came up and it said:
    Code:
    Malformed URL
    . I looked in Add/Remove Programs; it wasn't there. It just disappeared off the face of my computer! I tried a few other things:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo install koqueror
    or something like that...I am a linux n00b and do not know too much about anything. Please help! Thanks in advance!

PS. The Internet works fine, because when I updated files, everything worked perfectly...
    PSS. I do not need KDE 4 installed; I changed my mind on this decision.

Re: konqueror has just vanished!

sudo install konquerer should be
    sudo apt-get install konquerer
    or you could bring op the main menu, click system, then adept manager.

Comment

Working...
    X