This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed package updates and such.

Allright, so, after a fresh install I saw there was a ton of updates, so the first thing that pop-ed to mind was to jut go ahead and let it install all of the updates. I let it do that and went to get get a sammich. When I came back, there was a message saying it couldn't commit one of the packages, and after that it closed, and never really finished and ever sense I haven't been able to use the package-manager either. I tried rebooting, and this is the second time it's happend to me (had to reinstall once).

My system is an inspirion E1505, and if you need any other info, just ask. ;?

Was that detailed enough?

Re: Failed package updates and such.

What version of Kubuntu did you install? Assuming Gutsy, then:

For Gutsy Installations:

Open Adept Manager (K Menu | System | Adept Manger) and click on Adept | Manage Repositories. On the first tab, check all items (you don't need the last item checked unless you intend to download source files for compiling). On the Third-Party Software tab uncheck/delete the cdrom repository entry. Close the window. If Adept doesn't automatically fetch updates, click on Fetch Updates. You will now have access to the thousands of available packages. If you still have problems, open a console and type:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    If that doesn't fix the problem, then:

To fix Adept errors:

Open a console and type:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    should fix it, else continue with
    Code:
    sudo apt-get clean
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Oh, whoops. I forgot to mention it? Yeah, it's Gutsy. Thankyou, that fixed it right up~!

Comment

Glad to have been able to help. Welcome to Linux and the Kubuntu Forums!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X