This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instalation Error - Kubuntu 7.10

I'm new on Linux and I'm trying to boot the LiveDVD of Kubuntu (concretely the AMD64 version).

After rebooting it arrives to open the graphic menu. I choose start and, after some flashing blank screens, it stops giving this last message: "running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local)".

I tried some commands that I have read from people with similar errors and the farthest that I have arrived is to skip this message, that the screen remains blue with the message "Disconnecting..." and to hear a sound similar to the one from Windows when it enters in the interface.

As it beheaves I'd say that it's a problem of screen detection...

My PC is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core at 2.59GHz and 2.00 GB of RAM.

My graphic card is an ATI Radeon X1550 and my screen LCD Brimax.

I hope that you can help me, thanks in advance.

(I am Spanish, sorry for the ortography)

Re: Instalation Error - Kubuntu 7.10

Did you burn the DVD yourself? Has it been tried in any other computer? My first concern would be that there might be an error on the DVD, either from the download or the burning.

If you are 100% certain about the DVD quality, then the next suspect would be that ATI card. Did you try "Safe Graphics" mode? If you press F6 on the first screen, can you try VESA and VGA modes? If you can get it to boot in any video mode, then it will be possible to work with the display driver.

Comment

Re: Instalation Error - Kubuntu 7.10

I verified the hash before burning it, and now I've used the option from the DVD to see if it has any errors... It's Ok.

I tried Safe Graphics many times before and it continues giving the same error than in normal, nothing changes.

And about the other thing... If I press F6 it appears a command line (and I don't know what it says...), so I suppose you meant F4, wich let me choose VGA (by default) and a bunch of screen resolutions.

I've tried some resolutions to see what happens but nothing changes, same error again and again...

It doesn't give me the option to try VESA.

Comment

Working...
      X