This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.1 Audio Issues

So I am loving Kubuntu and haven't even booted to Windows at home since installing Kubuntu...

But I noticed today that my 5.1 speaker setup is not functioning. My ASUS A7v333 Motherboard supports 5.1 natively, but my surround speakers are not working. They work fine in Windows.

I went into the system settings and thought changing my audio processor to the C-Media device (which is the native mobo device) would correct this...but it did not.

Is this a common issue? Anyone got tips/ideas?

Re: 5.1 Audio Issues

Wow...nobody has any advice?

I went to the ALSA website to verify that my card is supported. It is. It's a C-Media PCI CMI8738 which displays correctly in the Midi Device list in the the Sound System settings window. It also displays as an ALSA device.

When I run a % speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 -twav it is obviously not working correct. Right and Left fronts are the only things that work.

Being that I'm a total noob...the ASUS Linux driver setup was far too complicated...especially since the prep commands required that I create a folder /usr/src/alsa which I apparently cannot create logged in as root or as user.

Somebody help!!!

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Issue Solved!

I had to go into KMix and set the Line-In to Rear Output!

The best part is that I ended up figuring it out on my own!!!!!!

I WIN!

Comment

Went through that one myself. Seems so simple now doesn't it? One of the biggest lessons I had to learn, was that you can work through problems in linux. Windows seems to be more black and white with regards to whether something works and you learn to give up after the initial failure. Linux trains you to keep going and keep researching and you will get it.
        FKA: tanderson

Comment

Working...
        X